CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Service Vehicle Soon Light Disable

Hey all, just installed new-old struts in my 1991 Fleetwood that I got out of my parts car (old ones were completly hooped). I was reading up on how to disable the "Service Vehicle Soon" Lamp and I also had posted a question earlier and got many responses to (Thank you big time). But I am still troubled...I read this on:

http://www.caddyinfo.com/disable.htm

"1991-1993 DeVille with Computer Command Ride (CCR): Refer to the Service Manual, page 8A-43-0. Cut Circuit 1300 (Dark Green wire) at the CCR module (Pin C15) to disable the indicator lamp. Tape the wires back into the harness to prevent shorting to other components."

I was told that there is a box under the driver seat and that is where the CCR moduale is. I rolled the seat all the way up found the box but I do not have a GM manual or know which Pin is C15. There appears to be two dark green wires, one on the left hand or drivers side of the box and one on the right hand or passenger side of the box.

Can anyone help me out with which wire I should cut? I don't really feel like cutting a wire to find out it is the the fuel pump Pin :lol: .

Spence

One last question before I go chopping away. I noticed that when the Service Vehcile Soon light comes on, it disables my cruise control. If I cut the wire will the cruise still be knocked out or is the cruise control disabled only when the light is lit? I'd hate to not have cruise :( . Thanks.

Spence

Archived