CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Code E070 in History

Marika

I don't have my service manual with me, I'm at work. Anyone know what E070 in History is for a 92' Seville SLS? It just showed up after I arrived at work and parked. Checked the codes and there it was.

Thanks.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

E070 is intermittant TPS signal. Keep an eye on it. If you begin to get erratic idle conditions you may need to replace it. I replaced mine on a 91 because I would suddenly begin idling at 1200 RPM if I recall and I was getting the E070. Mike

Replacing the TPS way my first experience with the internal diagnostic system. Replacing the TPS was tricky not having utilized the on board diagnostics and override capability before, it was quite amazing I kept thinking to myself, darn, and this is a 91!!! I fell in love with my car that day, as she told me how to repair her as all required readouts were contained in DIC. Check your manual out for the TPS replacement/adjustment procedure, its interesing and involves quite a few adjustments (minimum air, etc... ) Its tricky but not a hard item to repair and very eye opening in terms of the on-board diagnostic capabilities. I will never own any other car and I hope they never restrict access to this information going forward, its the best. Its what I like the best about owning a caddy. Mike

Replacing the TPS way my first experience with the internal diagnostic system. Replacing the TPS was tricky not having utilized the on board diagnostics and override capability before, it was quite amazing I kept thinking to myself, darn, and this is a 91!!! I fell in love with my car that day, as she told me how to repair her as all required readouts were contained in DIC. Check your manual out for the TPS replacement/adjustment procedure, its interesing and involves quite a few adjustments (minimum air, etc... ) Its tricky but not a hard item to repair and very eye opening in terms of the on-board diagnostic capabilities. I will never own any other car and I hope they never restrict access to this information going forward, its the best. Its what I like the best about owning a caddy. Mike

Spoke with my mechanic this morning. He said to keep an eye on it and let him know if the code keeps setting. If it does, we'll take it from there.

Thanks for the info, Mike.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Just had a look in the service manual. Seems pretty straight forward to diagnose the problem. Nice flow chart. Will keep all informed as to what happens.

I called the mechanic today and he ordered the part. He'll be installing it on Saturday.....

Meanwhile..........

The code disappeared!!!!!!! It cleared itself..... :huh:

I'll tell you what, if this is going to act like a toothache and come and go as it pleases, I may as well just replace the sensor and be done with it so I don't have to start worrying about if and when the code shows up again.

Comments? :blink:

If after 3 ignition cycles the condition that set the DTC does not occur again, the code will go from current to history and the "service engine soon" light will be extinguished. If after 50 ignition cycles the condition does not reoccur, the code will be cleared from history.

If after 3 ignition cycles the condition that set the DTC does not occur again, the code will go from current to history and the "service engine soon" light will be extinguished. If after 50 ignition cycles the condition does not reoccur, the code will be cleared from history.

What's interesting is that the "service engine soon" light never came on (and yes, the light works). I checked the codes, which I do everyday, and there it was. <_>

I'm going to just change the thing and be done with it. The part is about $60 and the labor is about $70 so it's not a wallet killer and at least I won't be constantly going crazy thinking, when when when when when......... :blink:

Larry, thanks for the info.

Mechanic changed the sensor today. Took two mechanics to reset everything and run all the program changes/adjustments in the computer.

Idle is steady again, not wavering anymore.

$124 total price. The mechanic also recharged my air conditioner which he didn't charge me for.

Archived