CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Phenolic Spacers

MY CAR HAD A POOL OF COOLANT IN THE AREA UNDER THE INTAKE MANIFOLD. I THINK I NEED TO REPLACE THE Phenolic Spacers and I have searched everywhere and can not find out were it is leaking from the only thing I can think of is that it is leaking from the Phenolic Spacers I have checked all the pipes and behind the engine and nothing is leaking at all but all my coolant just leaks into the area of the engine were the starter is at and leaks out some small hole there. Please help me.

The phenolic spacers have nothing to do with any coolant leak. The Northstar has a dry intake manifold and no coolant passages are exposed by the intake being removed.

It sounds like a headgasket leak. While I havn't heard of one that leaks coolant to the engine valley, that is the only coolant source in that area.

A slim possibility would be the small hose that goes to the bottom of the throttle body to warm that area. Cheack it for holes or cracks that might leak and spray coolant under pressure.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

No- the mouse holes are the EGR delivery ports.

You might try a couple of tubes of Bars Leaks golden seal or the GM coolant sealant pellets into the radiator hose. At this point, I'd add the sealant to the upper hose so you won't lose a lot of coolant.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

OKAY IT WAS NOT OIL IT WAS PS FLUID THAT LEAKED into the area were the starter was at the top was left off. Now the only problem I can figuare out were the coolant coming from. It is leaking from the back side on the diver side of the motor around somewhere around the coolant passage area in the back.

OKAY IT WAS NOT OIL IT WAS PS FLUID THAT LEAKED into the area were the starter was at the top was left off. Now the only problem I can figuare out were the coolant coming from. It is leaking from the back side on the diver side of the motor around somewhere around the coolant passage area in the back.

There are two 5/8" diameter heater hose connections in that location. Tighten all four screw clamps. These connections can hold pressure at idle or low speeds, but can leak when under hard acceleration.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Archived