CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

IPC override

Is there a way to override the ipc on a 95Concours so that I can show the coolant temp and perhaps the rpm on the DIC? I've done it on my 98 Concours and you change the value of IPS05. The 95 doesn't have IPS05, but does have a value of 85 on IPS08.

Jeff

Jeff

98 Concours

90 Seville

04 Corvette

Howyadoin,

Here's the info... Be VERY certain that the sequence is as written, if there's a mismatch on anything beware, as this is not specifically for a Concours... I used this on my '96 SLS and was successful.

Thanks to bela for this information...

"'96 and '97 STS programming...

Ignition is on (motor may or may not run).

Press and hold the [OFF] and [PASS WARMER] buttons simultaneously on your HVAC panel until the 'light show', a.k.a. segment check. Then watch the DTCs, if any, to scroll by, and then it'll stop and displays 'PCM?' on the DIC.

Skip that by pressing [FAN DOWN], and keep skipping until you'll see 'IPC?'. Select this one by pressing [FAN UP].

Skip the menu options 'IPC DATA?' and 'IPC INPUT?', and select ( [FAN UP] ) 'IPC OVERRIDE?'.

In 'IPC OVERRIDE', its various options with their numerical value in the right hand side corner of the DIC will then be displayed. Skip each one ( [FAN DOWN] ) until see Option E, which is IPS05.

You'll see a number ( 43 is the factory preset value) on the DIC. Increse that number by 68 ( 43 + 68 = 111) by pressing [PASS WARMER]. The DIC will display the new number. With [PASS COOLER] you can decrease that number, in case you've overshot.

Store the new value by pressing [A/C] and [FRONT DEFROST] simultaneously until the new number (111) on the DIC blinks once.

Exit diag mode.

P.S.: Anybody can explain why it's NOT possible to display RPM on the DIC on analog clusters? The argument of redundancy, i.e., that you already have a tach, does not hold water because one can display MPH and we do have a speedo.

-Bela"

P.S.

IPCS05 Option E (Driver Message Center Options)

COOLANT TEMP---------------------064

BATTERY VOLTS--------------------032

ENGINE RPM------------------------016

AVG MPH--------------------------008

MPH------------------------------004

FUEL USED-------------------------002

INST MPG--------------------------001

-Rav

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

IPB Image

"Refined Sugar" - '96 SLS, 175K

"...the Caddy is dedicated to relentlessly -- and comfortably -- converting time into distance." -J.J. Gertler

My 1993 STS displayed the RPM in addition to the analog tach. It was that way when I got it.

I can't really explain that car though. It had a 1992 STS style muffler also. Also, it had more power and low end torque than any other Northstar I have ever driven. It was downright wild! I miss that car.

Howyadoin,

Hmmm... I wouldn't be in a hurry to test that theory. :) IPC programming mistakes can be painful. Sorry the info wasn't the correct version.

-Rav

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

IPB Image

"Refined Sugar" - '96 SLS, 175K

"...the Caddy is dedicated to relentlessly -- and comfortably -- converting time into distance." -J.J. Gertler

Archived