CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

:welcomesmiley:

odd; the shop manual says:

1 Push in the release tab on the head restraint retainer to release.

2 Pull straight up on the head restraint to remove the restraint from the retainers.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

:welcomesmiley:

odd; the shop manual says:

1 Push in the release tab on the head restraint retainer to release.

2 Pull straight up on the head restraint to remove the restraint from the retainers.

I agree, I read the manual and followed the instructions. Maybe I need to get someone to push the button and Ill pull really hard.

Thank you for the quick response.

BTW, I have another comment/question. My CTS really fishtails if I come out out of a corner with any amount of speed. My Cadillac service guy tells me that it is because it is a hot engine. It just doesn't seem right to me. What do you think?

Thanks again.

DA

Ah. Check and see if there is a small hole:

Removing the headrest/'restraints' from the seat

It's not that difficult.

1 Raise the restraint to the highest position by pressing in on the release button on the inboard right side.

2 On the inboard left side you will see a 3/32" hole. Insert the end of a 3/32" drill bit (the red plastic extension tube from a can of WD40 will work) into the hole.

3 Apply a little pressure to the internal release lock mechanism while holding in the release button on the right side button and also exerting a little upward pressure to the head restraint.

4 The restraint will slide the rest of the way out.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/headrest.html

Fishtailing: I think here you mean if you accelerate hard while the car is going through a corner, before the CTS is on the straight again, the CTS fishtails?

The standard racing advice is brake before a corner, but accelerate smoothly through it. The important thing in a corner is to maximize traction and to

manage weight transfer. Until the CTS is going straight again, it is important to minimize any rapid changes that would lead to loss of traction. Once the

CTS is pointed straight the throttle should always be wide open :lol:

I assume you don't have stabilitrak; stabilitrak is a technology that automatically corrects fishtailing or spinning of the CTS. It is available on some models

of CTS.

Now, what could cause your CTS to fishtail instead of corner well? Worn tires on the rear or suspension out of alignment seem to me the most likely candidates.

Are you the original owner of the CTS? What type wheels and tires are on it?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived