CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

service air bag light

Hi everybody. I'm new to the forum, just bought my 2nd cadillac. It's a 2004 Deville with 21000 miles. Was at the car wash the other day and when I started my car, I got the service air bag message. It went away after I parked and restarted car and hasn't come back since. This morning pulled these codes: DDM B2507, PDM B2507, SDM, B0065. My car is still under warranty until September so I figure I will take it in but any information would be appreciated. Thanks

B2507 is related to the climate control seat module getting an improper voltage:

DTC B2507

Circuit Description

The climate control seat module (CCSM) modes are controlled by a 100 Hertz pulse width modulation (PWM) signal that is generated by the door control module. When a door module receives a heated or cool seat request, it sends this PWM signal through the heated/cool seat mode signal circuit to the CCSM. The CCSM then activates the heated or cool seat system as requested.

Conditions for Running the DTC

The door control module must be powered and can not have B1327 - Battery Voltage Low or B1328 - Battery Voltage High set as an active DTC for this DTC to set.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

* This DTC will set, when the ignition is in ON position, the CCS system is OFF, and the door control module detects that the voltage from the CCSM is less than 2.0 volts for 2 seconds.

* This DTC will set, when the ignition in the ON position, the CCS system is ON, and the door control module detects that the voltage from the CCSM is greater than 10 volts for 2 seconds.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

The CCSM will discontinue operation when this DTC is set.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC

The DTC automatically clears when the door module detects that the voltage from the CCSM is greater than 2 volts but less than 10 volts.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

This one is causing your Airbag message; the seatbelt pretensioner. I would say this is the single most frequent cause of airbag warnings:

DTC B0064, B0065, or B0066

Circuit Description

The driver seat belt pretensioner deployment loop consists the following components:

* An inflatable restraint seat belt pretensioner-LF

* The seat belt pretensioner-LF high circuits

* The seat belt pretensioner-LF low circuits

A shorting bar is used within the seat belt pretensioner-LF connector. The shorting bar will short together the seat belt pretensioner-LF high circuit, and the seat belt pretensioner-LF low circuit when the connector is disconnected. This helps prevent unwanted deployment of the inflator module during servicing. During a frontal crash of sufficient force, the inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) will allow current to flow through the deployment loop. This flow of current will deploy the seat belt pretensioner-LF. The SDM performs continuous diagnostic tests on the deployment loops to check for proper circuit continuity and for shorts to ground or voltage. If a malfunction is detected, a DTC will be stored in memory.

Conditions for Running the DTC

Ignition 1 voltage is within the normal operating voltage range.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

* DTC B0064 will set when the seat belt pretensioner-LF deployment loop resistance is less than 1.3 ohms for 500 milliseconds.

* DTC B0065 will set when one of the following conditions occurs:

o Seat belt pretensioner-LF high circuit is less than 2.4 volts and the seat belt pretensioner-LF deployment loop is more than 6 ohms for 500 milliseconds.

o Seat belt pretensioner-LF deployment loop resistance is more than 4.8 ohms for 500 milliseconds.

* DTC B0066 will set when one of the following conditions occur:

o Seat belt pretensioner-LF high and/or low circuits is short to ground or short to voltage for 500 milliseconds.

o Seat belt pretensioner-LF high circuit is less than 2.4 volts and seat belt pretensioner-LF deployment loop resistance is less than 6 ohms for 500 milliseconds.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

The SDM commands the AIR BAG indicator ON via Class 2 serial data.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC

* The condition responsible for setting the DTC no longer exists and the scan tool Clear DTCs function is used.

* A history DTC will clear once 255 malfunction free ignition cycles have occurred.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

That makes a lot of sense. My cooled seat is only working on the seat part and not the back. I have driven 3 or 4 times in the last 24 hours and have not been able to get the codes to re-appear. Maybe I should have left the codes in there for the dealership to see. I have had problems with my last cadillac at the dealership and them 'not able to duplicate the problem'. Anyway, thanks alot for the fast and informative response.

Jack

Austin, Tx

Archived