CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Fuel Data Center Display

richardf

It sounds like a corroded or cracked fuse.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

It sounds like a corroded or cracked fuse.

Thank you. By any chance, would you happen to know what fuse number controls the fuel data center in a 1990 cadillac deville. I tried and pulled one fuse out and the motor shut off.

My car is a 1997 Eldorado and the only shop manual that I have is for the model year 1997. However, it may be accurate for the location of the fuse for the instrument panel cluster. Incredibly, it's in the trunk compartment fuse block, and is a 20 Ampere fuse labeled "Cluster." It's on the right end, second row.

There is another 10 Ampere fuse labeled "Console" that is on the top row, third from right, that controls power to the instrument panel. This may control the lights in the instrument panel.

The trunk compartment fuse block is on the rear of the back seat on the driver's side, mounted high. Pull back the trunk liner to get to it.

If one of those fuses has cracked or gone bad, I would pull them all, one at a time, and clean and check them with a continuity checker.

If the 1990 model year fuses for the instrument panel are not described accurately by my 1997 FSM, please accept my apologies. Reply to this thread if there seems to be a disconnect in what I say here and your car, and someone with information on the 1990 model year can jump in.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived