CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Loose brake pads

I have a loud metallic knocking from the front left hand brake assembly on my 2001 STS. It must be the pads or caliper moving as it stops with a light touch on the pedal. Everything checked out by a good mechanic (UK MOT tester) and I have stripped and re-assembled everything using silicone grease on the back of the pads. No improvement although it goes away for a few miles after a very heavy application of the brakes. The pads and rotors are EBC greenstuff and EBC grooved rotors. I see on the EBC website that they now supply shims with there pads. Does anyone know if they may be the solution?

I have a loud metallic knocking from the front left hand brake assembly on my 2001 STS. It must be the pads or caliper moving as it stops with a light touch on the pedal. Everything checked out by a good mechanic (UK MOT tester) and I have stripped and re-assembled everything using silicone grease on the back of the pads. No improvement although it goes away for a few miles after a very heavy application of the brakes. The pads and rotors are EBC greenstuff and EBC grooved rotors. I see on the EBC website that they now supply shims with there pads. Does anyone know if they may be the solution?

Vertical play of pads can make pretty loud clunk. Probably you put new pads, which have just a little bit smaller linings.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived