CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Darwin Award Wannabe

http://view.break.com/526443

This happens in New Jersey all the time. The railroad crossing near my house is call “The Bermuda Triangle of New Jersey Transit, cars go in, but they don’t come out”. There are gates, bells and lights signaling to STOP but drivers ignore them and drive around the gates. Every year, MANY people lose their lives this way. I can’t tell you why people do this sort of stupid stuff. As much as I don’t believe in psychotherapy maybe Sigmund Freud was right about one thing, people have a death wish.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Marika,

For a number of years I lived in Mineola (L.I. NY). The Herricks Road LIRR crossing was known as "suicide alley." I never really understood that; it was no different than any other RR crossing. Nonetheless many died there.

In each and every case of death, someone made a "Z" turn through the gates. How hard is that to understand?

One year a NYS Senator's daughter died in such an event at that crossing. Tens of million$ of dollar$ were spent to elevate that crossing.

For far less I could have installed a simple sign: "DON'T SCREW WITH THE TRAINS!"

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

• 2 weeks later...

I notice the train conductor didn't blow the whistle until he saw the car. Shouldn't he have blown the whistle as soon as the gate dropped just to warn people not to try to go around?

I notice the train conductor didn't blow the whistle until he saw the car. Shouldn't he have blown the whistle as soon as the gate dropped just to warn people not to try to go around?

I understand that video was from "overseas". their railroad regulations may be different than ours, assuming the video is real.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived