CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

where to get a strut tower brace for 02 sts

where can i get a strut tower brace for a 2002 seville sts. i've seen a couple pics of some here and there on cars. gm doesnt carry it .. neither does the performance parts department. will i have to get it custom made?

You are looking for part# 25653157. The source below was able to locate the part for me. I do not know if they can/will ship out of the country.

http://www.gmotors.com/contact.asp

Brasington Cadillac-Saab

Parts Department

2001 N.W. 13th St.

Gainesville, FL 32601

Bill, Marty, Chris (and possibly others)

352-378-5301

800-535-4608

Have your VIN available.

Mention that you are asking for web-sales price quotes.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

thanks a lot. much appreciated. i been looking everywhere for this. is there anywhere i can use a brace for the rear struts? is it the same part?

You are looking for part# 25653157. The source below was able to locate the part for me. I do not know if they can/will ship out of the country.

http://www.gmotors.com/contact.asp

Brasington Cadillac-Saab

Parts Department

2001 N.W. 13th St.

Gainesville, FL 32601

Bill, Marty, Chris (and possibly others)

352-378-5301

800-535-4608

Have your VIN available.

Mention that you are asking for web-sales price quotes.

No OEM brace available for the rear. You will have to fabricate from scratch and give up considerable trunk space.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

ok thanks anyway. i need the trunk space, i already have 2, 12" subwoofers so i cant give up anymore space. anyways thanks for ur help.

Anyone know off-hand if the G-chassis DeVilles had the same strut-to-strut dimensions, so this same part would work? In other words, I put one of these on my '01 STS...should I take it off and save it for a DeVille, or won't it fit?

Edit: I suppose it'd be a pretty easy mod, even if the dimensions weren't exactly the same. I could have the brace cut, and a piece of tubular steel welded in to make up the difference.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Won't work Jason.

The Deville interior space is larger as a result of the cabin being moved forward several inches. Those several inches means that the firewall is closer to the radiator and that places the brake master cylinder in the path of the strut brace.

Sorry. I looked at the fit and decided it was not worth the effort/cost to pursue.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

....Those several inches means that the firewall is closer to the radiator and that places the brake master cylinder in the path of the strut brace....

A correction is in order. I should have said "the windshield is closer to the strut tower".

The 1998-2004 Seville chassis shares many design features with the 2000-2005 Deville chassis. But there are differences and the pain is in the details.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Ahhh! The strut tower brace........best mod I ever made to my old '99 STS.

Is there anything similar available for the new DTS? My '08 is Good........I'm just wondering if it could possibly benefit from the addition of a similar brace? Do the Performance models have a front brace installed?

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived