CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Escalade In-Dash Nav Screen (DVD?)

GAtegs

Hi all,

I have an 05 Escalade ESV Platinum. It has a roof mounted DVD Player/Screen for the 2nd row and another roof mounted screen for the 3rd row. My question is, is there some kind of rigging that I can do such that whatever DVD is playing in the back will play on the very front in-dash screen too?

I'ts illegal to have a DVD or TV screen visible from the driver's seat working for safety reasons, unless the car is stopped. Since it is legal when the car is stopped, and in fact some cars have a minicam on the rear that makes the screen a safety rear-view for backing up or parking, then if it is an option in the car's existing hookups it should be in the owners' manual or the FSM.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

You might want to think twice about enabling video on the front DVD display while the vehicle is in motion. I enabled it on my STS and I almost got into a couple of wrecks.

I don't do that anymore.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

While both replies are very much appreciated, they really don't help.

I am not concerned with the laws preventing me from doing it, and I don't on getting on the highway and turning on the movie...I just want the movie to show up on the front screen.

Archived