CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Crazy DIC

JIMDTS

Had a strange couple days viewing the instrument panel.It started a couple weeks ago no fuel gaige and temp. gauge then came back on after restarting the car.

Yesterday when I started the car sometimes I had check engine overheat on cold start then the tire pressue monitoring sys would come and go and give me low tire pressure 0 or 1 psi. The trans light on the dic would be 0 oil life left same with the oil.

It sure was intesting then on the way to drop off the car to the dealer all is just fine no problems. And I'm thinking SOB no problems then after I get to the dealer I had to restart the car a couple times then bingo it acted up which was great They found the instrument cluter to be bad so it's off the reapair or replacement I think they mentioned they send it to gmspro and if they have one they just send another one or if not they repair the old one or give you a new one. It sure was interesting to dive the car yesterday with dic going crazy..

Cheers

Jim

That was lucky to have it act up there at the dealer; my cars are always on their 'best behavior' at the dealership!

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Hi Bruce

I hear you on that one most of the time my cars also are on their best behavior at the dealer.It was lucky I did manage to get it to act up. It sure was strange getting all these error messages and comming ang going. The dealer did a good job Very fast too. I dropped the car off at about 3pm yesterday on my way home from work and they were done at 1pm today so it was about 4 hours in the shop. That's great. The inst. cluster has been acting up from time to time It started a couple months ago with the head lights I would get a message telling me to turn on the headlights on a bright sunny day so I would just slide the dimmer to on and leave it there on problems. The dealer mentioned the cluster came in pretty fast faster than normal which was good they must of had one in the repair pool. I have had cars with intermittent problems in the past and had to take the car back several times before they could find the problem those are the hardest problems to find .

GLad this one showed up when I was there on the way to the dealer I'm thinking SOB the darn car is just fine. Then as I mentioned it took a couple restarts and turning the key on and off and bingo it acted up. The last time I was at the dealer after I had the front seat covers replaced I was about 5 mintues out of the dealer no fuel gauge, no temp gauge I'm thinking what the heck did they do and turn around go back looking for the service manager I parked the car in the write up area went into the garage told the srvice mgr. what was wrong he tells the porter to pull the car into the service area and wouldn't you know all is fine everything working no codes no problems.The porter is looking at me like I'm nuts .Mentions it all works so it took awhile to fail the service mgr. mentioned keep an eye on it it sounds like the cluster is starting to go it took about a month to really act up which I'm glad it failed at the dealer. I even had a low fuel light at 1/2 a tank of gas those clusters are a must have item I didn't even want to stop for gas on the way to the dealer just incase it was part of the problem I'm thinking watch me put gas in the car and the problem goes away..Anyway all is well and I'm happy with the service from the dealer along with the fast turn around time. I have to give them Kudos for this one.

Cheers

Jim

Archived