CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Question about a new battery

2004 Deville.

I replaced the original battery a couple of weeks ago with an AC Delco--the same kind of battery the car came with.

Driving with the original battery, I never saw the voltage indicator on the information display vary from 14.7 volts.

With the new battery, there is constant fluctuation. From 12.3 - 14.8. I don't mean "constant" in the sense that it is changing every second or so, but it changes several times within a 5 - 25 minute drive.

Is this normal, or should it stay at one number for most of the time?

Thanks,

Allen

that is normal for the voltage to move up and down as long as it doesnt go above 15.0 or below 12.0 this is high and low rangr of that system

"Driving with the original battery, I never saw the voltage indicator on the information display vary from 14.7 volts"

i am in the golf course biz. and have dealt with more golf cart batterys than i care to remember ...

and will i tell you with some certainty that batt. values vary due to draw ...

if yours displayed 14.7 volts all the time, it wasn't accurate ...

and that is alittle too high also, in my opinion ...

My car regularly displays voltage in the low 15's at night with most accessories on. High 14's during the day. So did my '02 SLS.

I generally see 14.5 at max, but volts will vary from about 12.2 to 14.5. With heat, radio and lights on voltage will drop to the low range at a traffic light. When accelerating volts quickly rise to 13.3 to 8. May get a 14+ though.

Archived