CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I have a 1990 Cadillac Sedan DeVille. Service Engine Soon Light was on. I had it serviced. They could find nothing wrong. They made the light go off and advised me that it will probably come back on. I do need freon in my ac. Could this be the problem. Please help. Also, when I ran diagnostics, code E49, which I think means A.I.R came on. But, car runs fine.

P049 (E049) Air Injection Reaction (AIR) System Fault

They reset the code but couldn't find out what the problem was. If it happens again, try to get it in without killing the engine so that they can see it with the fault happening.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

They reset the code but couldn't find out what the problem was. If it happens again, try to get it in without killing the engine so that they can see it with the fault happening.

Thanks for the help. This car was my dad's before he passed away. I really want to keep it in good condition. Is there any place that I can see a photo of the Air Injection Reaction System??

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the help. This car was my dad's before he passed away. I really want to keep it in good condition. Is there any place that I can see a photo of the Air Injection Reaction System??

Archived