CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

"SERVICE TRANSMISSION"

When I bought my car 2 years ago this message would show up in the DIC quite abit. The car ran fine but it used to snap into gear alot harder then it does now, It used to peel in 2nd 3rd and sometime 4th gear when this show upped. It went away for a year and just tonight I was driving slow and it popped up.

I wonder if it just the sensor?

Any info

Thanks

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

What diagnostic code would come up? Did you check the transmission fluid? How did it look and what color was it and did it smell burnt? Check the codes.

• 2 weeks later...

Once again today the "Service Transmission popped up in the DIC. I checked the codes and the PCM 0717 code came up, I cleared the code and it went away.

Is this just the sensor acting up?

But whenever this is displayed my car shifts a little firmer. When I stomp on it, the Northstar really pulls throught the gears :o ....I like it, but I dont want any harm done to the vehicle.

The Transmission was flushed last August.

Thanks

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

i,ve got a '94 sts with the northstar and the 80 transmission and the car will not shift into 4th when i'm driving nice :) but when i open the throttle in goes fine.it seems in shifts into 4th and then out agin then into and out,and so on. it's fine whit full throttle but not under some 3000 rpm!!!!.there are no codes displayed.oil and filter are new! some ideas???

i,ve got a '94 sts with the northstar and the 80 transmission and the car will not shift into 4th when i'm driving nice :) but when i open the throttle in goes fine.it seems in shifts into 4th and then out agin then into and out,and so on. it's fine whit full throttle but not under some 3000 rpm!!!!.there are no codes displayed.oil and filter are new! some ideas???

If your tranny is working ok (no codes), you will not feel the 4th gear shift under 3,000rpm. I only feel mine when I'm heavy on the throttle. The in and out of gear feel you get is more likely your converter locking up and unlocking between 2000 and 3000 rpm which maybe due to your driving style. :D

Archived