CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2000 deville abs speed sensor

droger03

is it possible to replace just the sensor itself. My 2000 deville is flashing both rear wheel sensor codes and I found just the sensor online for 13.95 (gm 4676095). Does the service manual say this is possible or do you have to replace the entire bearing assembly?

As far as the wheel speed sensor, it's part of the hub/bearing assembly and you will need to buy the bearing and and sensor together.

There is a speed sensor that is part of the ABS breaking system that can be purchased separately. Note: GMPartsDirect lists GM Part # 4676095 as a "Computer Control Sensor".

is it possible to replace just the sensor itself. My 2000 deville is flashing both rear wheel sensor codes and I found just the sensor online for 13.95 (gm 4676095). Does the service manual say this is possible or do you have to replace the entire bearing assembly?

Are you seeing a "message" or a "code" [as in Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC)].

Tell us what you are seeing. There are more sensors installed in your car than the NASA Mercury capsule.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

The codes are both right and left rear wheel sensors

The codes are both right and left rear wheel sensors

Please give us the code(s) i.e. C0300 - Rear Speed Sensor Malfunction.

Is the code C0300?

Sounds like the hub must be replaced on the 'standard' models. FE7 models the sensor and tone ring can be replaced.

This is from the GM service manual.

"Except for the rear wheel speed sensors with FE7, the wheel speed sensors are integral with the wheel hub and bearing assemblies. Replace the appropriate wheel hub and bearing assembly to replace the wheel speed sensor. Refer to the appropriate procedure:

• Front Wheel Bearing and Hub Replacement in Front Suspension

• Rear Wheel Bearing and Hub Replacement in Rear Suspension

For the rear wheel speed sensors with FE7, the wheel speed sensor and reluctor are replaced separately. Refer to Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement and Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Ring Replacement ."

FE7 is heavy duty limo version.

Archived