CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Problem with passenger window. Won't go up or down

mrcrx28

So when i purchased this vehicle, I tried to roll the windows down, but it didn't budge. I heard the motor working but window won't move. So at first, I thought it was off the rails or soemthing. So today, I took off the door panel and found out its something worse. The regulator that operates the window moves but the steel wire/cable was either off track or completely destroyed. Now, my question is how do you remove the regulator?? I notice the 3 screws facing towards me, but I dont know what kinda of screw those are. Also, what do I need to buy to fix this problem?? Just the regulator?? Does the regulator include the steel wire, since mine looks damaged to hell.

So when i purchased this vehicle, I tried to roll the windows down, but it didn't budge. I heard the motor working but window won't move. So at first, I thought it was off the rails or soemthing. So today, I took off the door panel and found out its something worse. The regulator that operates the window moves but the steel wire/cable was either off track or completely destroyed. Now, my question is how do you remove the regulator?? I notice the 3 screws facing towards me, but I dont know what kinda of screw those are. Also, what do I need to buy to fix this problem?? Just the regulator?? Does the regulator include the steel wire, since mine looks damaged to hell.

Famous series 'pop and drop' window regulators. If it's that messed up..replace it.

I've rebuilt 2 of my front ones. My 2 back ones are F!uped. I got those on 'lock' via the driver control.

Horrible design for a $40K car. What were they thinking..

Famous series 'pop and drop' window regulators. If it's that messed up..replace it.

I've rebuilt 2 of my front ones. My 2 back ones are F!uped. I got those on 'lock' via the driver control.

Horrible design for a $40K car. What were they thinking..

Yes, i agree on the design. When i took off the door panel, I couldn't believe how the damage happened. But anyways, do you know where i could get one for the cheapest price?? The dealer wants 450 for it. Also, how exactly do you remove it?? i saw the 3 screws on the regulator but its facing the other way, so basically I need a stubby tool and go from behind.

"rebuilt" units all over eBay. Typically that means the weak plastic joint has been repaired/modified.

Search 'seville window regulator'.

Still cheaper then $350.

Next stop would be Rockauto.com.

Archived