CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Error codes - 1992 Seville (not STS)

I've been all over this board (which is great) and all through the archives but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for. Have got the Service Ride Control message on my 1992 Seville (not STS). I'd like to try a few things like check connections, etc., but I'll need to clear the error code. How do you do that? If that doesn't fix the problem, I'll go to passive struts. The bulletin in the archives (Dec 23,1999) seems to apply but I read elsewhere that the message on the non-STS Seville could not be disabled through the Climate Control Panel. Is that true? Thanks.

Go into diagnostics,select IPC? then IPC override IS08 and use the warmer or cooler button to change the number from 8 to 0. Press the ECON and front defrost buttons simultaneously and hold till the 0 IS08 in the DIC flashes once and let the buttons go.This will make the Service Ride Control Message dissapear.To diagnose the fault condition you will have to access the CCR module in the trunk.You need the service manual to do that.

Thanks for helping. I've been to the http://www.caddyinfo.com/disable.htm page, but I'm unclear as to which procedure applies to a 1992 STD Seville (not STS). One paragraph leads with "1991 Eldorado and Seville", and the next paragraph leads with "1993 Eldorado and Seville" (which also references a 1992 Seville Manual). The reason I'm concerned is that at another place on this board (http://caddysearch.netgetgoing.com/mbarchives/default.asp?id=IMPORT-3756), Logan says (I think) that STS and STD are different and that CCR cannot be disabled via the panel. I'm hoping it's the first paragraph because I don't particularly want to cut/attach wires. Which paragraph is it, please? And thanks, again.

1991 Eldorado and Seville with Computer Command Ride (CCR): Refer to the Service Manual page 8D-12. Set the BCM override value BS09 to 0 by using the warmer and cooler buttons. Store this value by pressing the Econ button on the climate control panel and the Instant Econ button on the Fuel Data/Drivers Information Center for about five seconds. The new value will be stored even through the indicator does not flash. Remove the key from the ignition. Disconnect both battery cables from the battery. When both cables have been disconnected, touch the ends of the cables together and hold for five seconds. This will discharge the capacitors in the system and allow the system to perform properly when the battery cables are reconnected. Advise the customer they will have to reset all radio stations and clock

I would use this procedure if you have Computer Command Ride (CCR).

The other paragraphs refer to a different system.

If it does not work, all you have lost is your time. Also, anytime the battery is disconnected, the computer will return to default settings, which means you may have to do it again if your battery gets dis-connected for any reason. Hope this helps. This procedure got rid of the warning light on my 91 Seville with CCR.

Hope you have the same good luck I did. I hate warning lights that won't go away. :)

I have the 92 Seville.It is not an STS.If you follow the procedure I described above it will override the CCR.The override is stored in the IPC and does not get changed if the battery is disconnected.I just changed my ECM and this was the case in my car,should be the same for yours,give it a try only takes a couple of minutes.

Archived