CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

GARAGE DOOR OPENER

It's in your owner's manual. To erase any previous programs, hold buttons 1 and 3 (then number starting from the left) for a few seconds until the LED blinks faster, then release. To program a garage door opener, first make sure that it has fresh batteries in it, then hold it between the rear-view mirror and the buttons, press it's "Open" button and hold down the button you want to program on the garage door opener for about 30 seconds. It will take longer on garage door openers that have rollover codes. When it's done, the LED will blink very rapidly, and you can release both buttons and you are done.

Some garage door openers use frequency bands not covered by the Cadillac unit. It is made for GM by Homelink and you can get more information on it from their web site.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

It's in your owner's manual. To erase any previous programs, hold buttons 1 and 3 (then number starting from the left) for a few seconds until the LED blinks faster, then release. To program a garage door opener, first make sure that it has fresh batteries in it, then hold it between the rear-view mirror and the buttons, press it's "Open" button and hold down the button you want to program on the garage door opener for about 30 seconds. It will take longer on garage door openers that have rollover codes. When it's done, the LED will blink very rapidly, and you can release both buttons and you are done.

Some garage door openers use frequency bands not covered by the Cadillac unit. It is made for GM by Homelink and you can get more information on it from their web site.

EXCELLENT THANKS JIM.

Archived