CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

01 Deville Stalling

JIMDTS

Hello

I dropped my car off at the dealer this morning.It's stalling while it's warming up from a cold start. It starts fine runs about 3 to 5 minutes and quits.Restarts fine and No Codes.I'll post what they find when I get the car back.So I'm now driving a loaner 03 STS Not a bad trade from the DTS.

Cheers

Jim

picture.JPG

Hi

Well that was a fast turn around.The dealer replaced the crank sensor.They wrote it up as phanthom stall and replaced the crank sensor.Time will tell.They also mentioned there is a bullitin on the sensor.. Another minor issue Both front seat heaters didn't work so the parts are on order to replace all the elements.They used to replace the seat covers It would be nice to get some new leather but mine still look like new.

Cheers

Jim

Yeap...there is a TSB on the crank sensors. I had one mess up on the '01 Deville and was setting a code. I actually had a old one sitting around with the old date code. I put it in 3 months ago with no repeat codes.

The older cars...the heaters were part of the leather and you basically replaced the leather. The newer cars....replacement heaters are available. It appears from the service manual that you leave the old heaters in the seat leather....and add the new heaters under that.

I had trouble with stalling (usually while accelerating as I pulled away from a corner leaving me in the intersection without power). That was in April 2002. The dealer replaced the crank sensor under the warranty and it has been fine ever since.

Other than a replaced gas cap, that's the only problem I have had in 68 k miles.

Hi Logan & Dasher

Logan,Interesting about the seats.I wonder how they will heat up compared to the old ones?

Dasher That's great to have a car with no problems.I usually wind up with some minor issues so far nothing major on this one.Hope it stays that way but ya never know.

Cheers

Jim

PS Bill(Guru) Called it about the cranksensor awhile back! Sorry Bill about the Guru but I would murder the spelling so that's close enough.I was waiting on the sensor the car stalled out about 5 times in a couple months but would never throw a code.I was waiting until it threw a code but no luck on the code..

I had a phatom stall on my STS a couple months ago and likewise they replaced the crank sensor, no problem since. As for the seat heaters I just went through a prolonged process getting my driver seat heater fixed. It took several trips before they were able to repair the heater. They kept telling me that the wrong parts were ordered. Anyway it did get fixed about a month ago and guess what the passenger front heater quit this past weekend. One of the techs from cadillac told me that the heaters have become a problem. I wonder if they are having reliability problems from the parts manufacturer.

Archived