CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Drivers side power window

chazzy

I'm having some what of the same problem. My passenger window will not go down with the driver side controls, but will go up with it. If your other windows work then the motor is most likely ok.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

I am assuming from your post that it won't go back up correct?Push the switch for the window to go and tug a bit on the glass in the upward direction at the same time you are pushing on the switch.You might need someone to help you with this.If the window goes up you need to check the motor or regulator if it doesn't check the switch.

I just wanna let you know that I had to get a new power window switch for the window and it worked out find once I found out how it goes just pop the switch out and unplug the wires and put the new one in save myself about 200 b ig ones. thanks a lot. That stuff really not so hard to work on. Even took the door panl off and checked the power motor reg.

Chazzy did you replace just the button switch that was malfunctioning or the whole set of buttons?

I was at my mechanics today (he is very good and not a crook) he phoned in for the part and it was $285 cdn. WHAT???!

I believe I just need the button for the drivers side switch for the passenger window. :(

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Archived