CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Spoiler installation question

apache13

I'll be ordering this spoiler for my car from ebay in a couple days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-El...1QQcmdZViewItem

I just think that my Eldo's rear is kinda naked...needs a low-profile spoiler to balance the eye. I read that the installation calls for drilling some holes in the trunk to secure it with an adhesive piece placed underneath the spoiler.....I'm hesitate to drill any holes into my trunk (or have a mechanic/some else do it) and think I'm gonna order the same type of adhesive piece (it's just an ultra-sticky two-sided tape) used to secure the spoiler like my former Pontiac from a GM dealer (I think the factory spoiler wasn't fasted to the trunk, just the 2-sided tape). Has anybody installed this spoiler? Does it have to be bolted on? Thanks for any input!

I think you're going to have to drill holes -- to wire the brake light. It's going to look silly with the brake light not working -- and the spoiler obscuring your normal CHMSL (Center High Mounted Stop Light). In fact, I would wire the spoiler's light and then decomission your normal CHMSL.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I think you're going to have to drill holes -- to wire the brake light. It's going to look silly with the brake light not working -- and the spoiler obscuring your normal CHMSL (Center High Mounted Stop Light). In fact, I would wire the spoiler's light and then decomission your normal CHMSL.

Yeah that Brake light has to be wired...gotta drill the holes :( The police will actually pull you over for having the CMSL out...

-Thanks

Archived