CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

performance stuff

caddykizim

Here was the muffler I used on my 92 STS:

Exhaust - Edelbrock RPM Series #5519 Muffler: this is a "Camaro" style muffler, and is an exact replacement for the stock Cadillac Muffler. It takes a 2.5 in input, and comes out with two 2.25 inch outlets. The stock outlet pipes look to be 2 inchers, but the muffler shop just put on an adapter. Pep Boys quoted $145 for the muffler, but I got it from Pronto Mufflers here in Plano for $180 + tax installed. According to the G-TECH, it released 15 hp. The sound is loud; before, I could only hear engine noise, and no exhaust noise. Now the exhaust has a very full, round burble that matches the throttle on acceleration, then falls silent for cruise. I like it.

From the Magnaflow website: C.R. McCurdy, Lilburn, GA Cadillac Sedan Deville I recently purchased a 1992 Cadillac Sedan Deville. The car has a 4.9, 200HP V8, and is my first experience with front wheel drive (Been driving since 1955). Two weeks after purchase, I had a Magnaflow muffler installed--at the recommendation of Andy at Andy's Muffler in Snellville, GA. Not only does it sound GREAT and perform better, the gas mileage improved more than 2 miles per gallon (in Atlanta commuting). On my recommendation, two of my co-workers have had a Magnaflow installed on their vehicles. Thank you for such a fine product.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

My mpg was always better on my 92 STS than my 96 STS. I got a steady 25 mpg or so on the 92 on trips. The 96 usually no better than 22 mpg.

Here is a place that advertised that Edelbrock #5519 muffler; I am sure there are others as well: http://www.ajusa.com/cgi-bin/edelbrock/det...ries%20Mufflers

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived