CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

radio wiring schematic 99 eldo

sgc128

Make sure that you have the base radio. There are several of them. I'm going to use my 1997 FSM and talk about the base radio in it, options U1L/UW6.

This system has two dual-speaker assemblies, one in each door. These speakers are mid-range and tweeter, hooked in parallel. There are two speakers in the rear deck, presumably woofers.

There are four pages that I scaned in: 8A-150-2 and -3 for the radio in the system, and 8A-202-62 and -63 for the connector pins. Click on the thumbnails to get full-size images, and print them at 300 dpi for a nice printed page from each of them. This information should mesh with the instructions for the radio that apply to this car. If the radio does not come with instructions specific to this car, check online or call the manufacturer and ask them for advise or references before you start.

Some investigation into the serial data line needs to be done. You can probably just hook these together and take the radio out of the serial data line module daisy chain, but I haven't done this and someone who has should chime in here.

th_8A-150-2.png

th_8A-150-3.png

th_8A-202-62.png

th_8A-202-63.png

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Thanx for the info, it was very helpful, still could not figure out the 12v switched accessory wire, right now switched is hooked up to constant-it works, just lose stations when I shut off. Left the serial data lines alone.

B)

Archived