CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Some fun at the drag strip

Was at the local 1/8th mile track this weekend. Bested my best time there, got a 9.4372@74.46 mph. My best at the 1/4 mile track a few weeks back was 9.393@76.39 total of 14.525@95.30 Added a little race gas on that one to the tank to combat a bit of knock I had.

Since I'm overdue for new tires anyway I entered the burnout competition, and if it weren't for me most likely forgetting to turn traction control off in the second go around I would have won:

burnout.jpg

Sunday I put a smaller pulley and ported exhaust manifolds on, that combined with the larger downpipe, free flowing cat and resonator, my homemade intake, I should be well into the 13's playing with stock pony cars :)

more event pictures:

http://www.dankollander.exposuremanager.co..._page=1#photo_s

When I bought this thing I had no idea that Grand Prix means cheap horsepower.

I know, I know, I too feel their is something inherently wrong with front wheel driver burnouts and performance :P In the end its about supping up what you got :) Gotta get it out of my system now (and the smell from the car) so I don't do this with my new tires :)

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Ah it was both wheels, its got the upgraded trans option :) In any event its good I got it out of my system under "stock" power and loose tires, not going to do that with the added power and new drippy tires.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Archived