CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

97 STS wheels

burekv

This past weekend i improved my wheels tremendously with 2 hours work. If anyone has the STS wheels that have the dull metalic look between the spokes, you can easily remove it and have completely chrome wheels. I got this from someone on this board but i forget who but it looks great.

Go to home depot and get some graffiti off. It comes in a spray can for less than $5.oo. Spray it on the dull paint and it comes off with a little scrubbing with a soft brush like you would use on dishes. I took the wheels off when i did this to make sure i didn't hurt anything. Well worth the effort for the improved look of all chrome wheels. I don't know why they didn't come from the factory like this.

A picture is worth a 1000 words. I bet it does look good! And that is why we use this board, to learn neat little tricks like that! I took the easy way out and bought a set of wheels from Cardiodoc! LOL Now I have 3 sets of wheels with tires for my Cadillac! Do post a picture if you can. Maybe I might like the wheel betetr the way you have them and drum up a set from the doc! MC

yes- please show us! I have the wheels that look painted all over- wish I had all chrome. Still looking- might like the style you're talking about..

I got this from someone on this board but i forget who but it looks great.

yes- please show us! I have the wheels that look painted all over- wish I had all chrome. Still looking- might like the style you're talking about..

That guy might have been me..If you want a look at the results, try this link:

http://caddyinfo.netgetgoing.com/cars/bobd.htm

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

B) NICE...

My 97 is Diamond white... That's the wheels- Just Stock STS or aftermarket? I can't find any aftermarket with the 7 spoke design.

Thanks-

Hey Bob D, you were that guy i was talking about. Thank you so much for the advise on my wheels. They do look awesome. Your picture looks great, but they are much better in person. Anyone with those stock 97 sts wheels should consider this easy modification if you can call it that. Again it is a very simple process taking no more than 2 hours and very little effort. The only hard part was jacking the car up to take the tires off. Thanks again Bob D for the great advise.

My '94 Eldo has the chrome squeeze cast aluminum wheels that are basically smooth with 14 holes around the perimeter. The holes always looked grungy.

I read Bob D's post and gave Graffitti Off a try. It's a nasty and very aggressive paint remover but it easly stripped the factory applied silver paint out of the holes. Now the whole wheel sparkles!

When they get dirty, I just spray them with Simple Green, run a bottle brush around all the holes, hose them off, wipe them with a damp chamois. and they look fantastic!

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Archived