CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

F/A-22 flight envelope demo

If this copy and paste works correctly, folks with an aviation background will appreciate this state of the art of tactical aircraft demo. Your tax dollars at work.

********************************************************************************

Some used to think the Su-27 / Su-31 “Cobra” maneuver was the epitome of 3rd to 4th generation fighter maneuverability. That snap maneuver doesn’t hold a candle to what this two-dimensional vectored-thrust fighter with fat independent horizontal stabs can do at low speed. There must be far more tricks up its sleeve in the high subsonic dogfight speed range.

The video is about 5 minutes long but the last 30-40 seconds are priceless:

http://www.f22-raptor.com/media/video_gall...how_Langley.wmv

ACC recently approved the Raptors new DEMO profile. This was the first show. Five minute video.

Watch the elevators of the airplane in this demo. They work independently. It also has vectored thrust.

*Supercruise:

The F/A-22 can sustain supersonic flight without the use of fuel-gulping afterburners.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

That is totally unbelievable. I love planes. I have never seen anything like that.

I think he violated several laws of physics. :D And a couple more about conservation of angular momentum etc ...etc ...etc ...

That was great. Loved it. I had 4 years in the Air Force in the early 60's.

Posted Image

Archived