CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Ridiculous Disclaimers

In recent news we've seen a "victim" suing McDonalds because the "you want fries with that?" guy put cheese on his burger. Imagine that! Out of billions served a mistake of venial proportions was made. I trust the "victim" wasn't inadvertently charged extra. No doubt, that would have resulted in an additional lawsuit. See: http://www.nypost.com/seven/08112007/news/..._tim_perone.htm

The suit claims that by a strangely circuitous trail of events the "victim" (Jeromy) took but a single taste of the burger in a dark room and then suffered life threating consequences.

There are two things I'd like to see considered here:

1] If Jeromy was aware any bite put in his mouth might at any moment kill him, why didn't he first look at that wholesome meal before that initial chomp? I know I would have! (don't kvetch: he might have carried a flashlight).

2] "Mom" did not first call for medical assistance, rather she promptly phoned McDonalds to complain. With Moms like that . . . .

And who could forget the Brit dowager who spilled unexpectedly (!) hot coffee (!) on her "happy package" and then gained a huge financial reward from McDonalds?

Okay, end of rant. But here's where I'm going with this:

In our "batteries not included age," I'm looking for good examples of over-the-top demonstrations of disclaimers expressed in (hopefully) the most convoluted "legalese" language available.

If you have examples please post.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I just got a home equity loan and I had to sign one form that was just to verify that the property in question was at the address listed on the main loan form. ^_^

Archived