CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Brakes?

oddboxeldo

I have a vibration sometimes when I hit my brakes, and yes it feels like warped rotors, but hang on , it's exactly the same after I replaced all 4 rotors and all pads ( premeium grade), could it be the rear wheel cylinders if the pistons were not rotated while compressed during brake job?

Thank You All,

Chris

I have a vibration sometimes when I hit my brakes, and yes it feels like warped rotors, but hang on , it's exactly the same after I replaced all 4 rotors and all pads ( premeium grade), could it be the rear wheel cylinders if the pistons were not rotated while compressed during brake job?

Thank You All,

Chris

First off, if you are really "nailing" your brakes, are you sure it's NOT the ABS kicking on?

Second, I assume YOU replaced the brakes etc on the car. Did you make sure that the spindles are tight and not wobbling. I had a problem with vibration while braking as well and what the mechanic found was two things: -a- the driver side rear spindle was loose and -B- the driver side rear wheel had it's toe-in adjustment set too far "in". The rear wheels should toe-in slightly since they straighten themselves during the force of acceleration but they shouldn't be too far in.

A four-wheel alignment along with tightening up the spindle solved the problem for me.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Not ABS, it's even at a light tap, but I will be having the alingment done and check the spindles as it does feel like it comes from the back. The reason I suspected wheel cylinders is the frequency is proportional to speed. If sometimes it did not break perfect, I would be positive it was warped rotors.

Someone once posted the address to a very good site that gave an excellent discription of brake problems. One of the things it said was about hot spotting and/or uneven brake pad deposits on the rotors that will cause what you discribe. Maybe someone still has it and can repost it. Try taking your rotors off and run a random orbital sander around the surface to clean them up and put a nondirectional finish on them. That may take care of the problem.

Archived