CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Windshield Wipers Not Working...

I need some help from the pros, my windshield wipers are not working at all. I've got a 1992 caddy fleetwood fwd with 120K on it.

When I try to turn the wipers on I hear the sound it makes like it kicking into gear but the wipers don't move. I checked the connections and there on good. I tried regrounding the motor and that doesn't do anything. I took the wiper arm off the motor and I can move them with my hand so I know theres nothing blocking them from moving. I just replaced the motor and I still get nothing.

I'm out of ideas or things to try so hopefully someone here will be able to help me before it rains :).

I'm still not having any luck with this problem. Today I replaced the fuse under the dash and tested it, the fuse is good but the wipers still don't work.

Reading the owners manual today It says the wipers are protected by a fuse and a circuit breaker. Where would the circuit breaker be and could it be the problem here?

What about the windshield wiper motor module, it is located LH rear of engine compartment, front of dash. I would check that next. If you find out the module was bad your previous motor was probably good. I do not know if any codes would come up for that. Good Luck.

Archived