CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2001 Deville Inside Door Panel Removal

beegolden

I am trying to remove the back passenger inside door panel, I see the snaps on the side but does the arm rest come off with screws behind it. I don't want to force it so I am asking first.

Thank you

Tools Required

J 36796 Clip Zip Clip Removal Tool or J 38778 Door Trim Pad Clip Remover

Position the window fully downward.

Ensure the manual lock knob (1) is in the unlock position.

Insert a flat bladed tool into the top service notch in order to disengage the locking clip (2) located at the front of the manual lock knob (1).

Remove the manual lock knob (1).

Remove the inside handle bezel from the inner door panel in the following order:

Hold the inside handle to the open position.

Insert a flat bladed tool at the front lower corner of the bezel.

Pry outward on the bezel.

Remove the bezel from the inner door panel.

Remove the screw attaching the inside door handle to the sheet metal.

Use the J 36796 or J 38778 in order to release the eight retainers (1) around the outside edges of the door trim panel.

Slide the door trim panel (1) upwards to release it from the following:

The alignment datums (4)

The eight retainers

The arm rest steel retainer clips (3)

The inner belt molding (2)

Disconnect the door trim panel electrical connector.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Saw your inquiry and thought I'd add my 2 cents worth. I've been there, done that. I did everything that CaddyInfo described, but I didn't have the tools for the clips that were mentioned, so I manhandled it. It worked, but it wan't pretty. Don't know why you're going into the door---- maybe to replace a window regulator??--that's a piece of cake. Bought my '01 used in '03 and have replaced all four regulators since then. They are junk--at $350.00 retail and $263.00 after a discount, times that by 4 regulators. And it's always the cable. You break a strand or two, it birdcages and you're up the creek. And you can't buy parts by the piece--it' always an assembly. I've 6 good motors that can be used as paperweights. A couple of years ago, both window regulators on my 2000 Silverado shot craps within 15 MINUTES of each other. Same situation, same kind of regulators---the cables. Didn't mean to go on a rant, but it struck a still raw nerve---actually 6 of them. This info may totally useless, but maybe it will come handy in the future--Good Luck

Archived