CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

BLOG: Patrick7997's Blog - Greetings!

Greetings, Fellow Cadillac Conneissuers...

Well, some of you have been reading my posts for a long time, but in case you haven't, I suppose a little introduction is in order...

I have a 1997 Eldorado Touring Coupe, Diamond White with a black Leather interior... very nice. It just rolled 90,000 miles, and I am the second owner. I'd give it 4.5 out of 5 stars. Very nice car. My issues are nitpicks, really, and for my age and lifestyle right now, it's close to perfect.

This is my 4th Cadillac. My first was a 1979 Eldorado, it had a somewhat rare 350 tuned port injection V8, which was tired, but ran pretty good. Probably really lucky I didn't end up with an HT4100... a couple friends had those.. not the proudest moment in Cadillac History. I bought this car for a winter car, so I could park my 88 Trans Am GTA... but I really liked it. I ended up driving it a lot. It had 120 on it when I bought it, 160 on it when I sold it.

My second was a 1990 Eldorado. Very nice. Kinda small, but it had a heavy, solid feel on the road, and ran real nice. Very underrated car. That body style has obviously never been warmly received by fans or critics, but I thought it was nice.

Next was a 1992 Eldorado. This was the first of the new body style. Had the 4.9, not the Northstar. I was actually at the dealership to buy a 94 ETC, but it sold in the 30 minutes it took me to drive out there. But they had the 92, and honestly, they gave it away. Back then, everyone wanted a Northstar. The hype was really in full swing. So, this poor 4.9 came in, and they couldn't move it. Turned out to be a great car. The 4.9 was real solid. The only thing that ever went wrong was the Idle speed control motor, and that was an easy fix, after I finally got sold a new one that worked. I was sold 2 defective ones before I got a good one.

I sold that at some point to a nice couple from Lake Geneva, and then I was out of Cadillacs for awhile... but I suspected I'd be back someday.

About 23 months ago, I picked up the ETC... Driving that puppy home, I just kind of felt this "Ahhhh..." of relaxation. It was like coming home. And really, the 97 is really upgraded in almost every way from the 92. Nicer dash, nicer seats, a lot of nicer things. The Northstar is really a dramatic upgrade in the performance, even though the 4.9 was nice, and I honestly have nothing bad to say about it.

That's enough introduction... if you haven't fallen asleep yet, you must be a true Cadillac believer!!

Until next time... Read Full Article and/or Comment/Reply

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived