CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

load level system 97 sts

yoeman

It could be the level sensor, or the compressor relay. I doubt that it is a $1400 module....

The factory shop manual is the best source of troubleshooting information. You can get them from www.helminc.com or often find a good deal on ebay.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

It could be the level sensor, or the compressor relay. I doubt that it is a $1400 module....

The factory shop manual is the best source of troubleshooting information. You can get them from www.helminc.com or often find a good deal on ebay.

Can you tell me where the relay is on the 97?

When you first turn the key to the "on" position, the compressor is designed to come on momentarily to stabilize the system. Try it to see if the compressor comes on at all. Turn the key to "on" without trying to start the engine and wait about 30-60 seconds and listen for the compressor (be sure to turn the radio and climate controls off). It should come on for a few seconds and then go off. If it does go on, one of your rear position sensors could be out of range. If it doesn't, it could be the relay, compressor, sensors, or the CVRSS module. Are you getting any codes through your DIC?

Max

When you first turn the key to the "on" position, the compressor is designed to come on momentarily to stabilize the system. Try it to see if the compressor comes on at all. Turn the key to "on" without trying to start the engine and wait about 30-60 seconds and listen for the compressor (be sure to turn the radio and climate controls off). It should come on for a few seconds and then go off. If it does go on, one of your rear position sensors could be out of range. If it doesn't, it could be the relay, compressor, sensors, or the CVRSS module. Are you getting any codes through your DIC?

Max

Hi I have a fault code which is a fault to ground It remains current ?

What was the code? Was it the level control system or the ride control system?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived