CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

A touch of class... Resistall Plus

tjtjwdad

Anyone here ever heard of a outfit called "A touch of class?" Anyway, they have a product called "resistall." Basically it is a 3M brand of clear tape that looks a lot like laminating paper that covers the front end of the car. It is designed to prevent rock chips to the paint and to the headlight lenses.

I just spent $400.00 repairing paint chips and with a dark color car it isn't going to get any better. I like the way this car shines and I want to keep it that way.

Anyway, was just wondering if anyone hear had ever heard of it.

Thanks!

Jim White

Anyone here ever heard of a outfit called "A touch of class?" Anyway, they have a product called "resistall." Basically it is a 3M brand of clear tape that looks a lot like laminating paper that covers the front end of the car. It is designed to prevent rock chips to the paint and to the headlight lenses.

I just spent $400.00 repairing paint chips and with a dark color car it isn't going to get any better. I like the way this car shines and I want to keep it that way.

Anyway, was just wondering if anyone hear had ever heard of it.

Thanks!

Jim White

A product like that would have to be applied by someone with TONS of experience. One mistake and the car would be ruined. The entire surface would have to be free of chemicals, waxes, polishes etc. for the stuff to properly adhere.

Look at all the aftermarket window tints that end up bubbling and looking like hell after just a year or so.

Even the slightest bit of air trapped between the plastic and surface it's applied to would eventually make it bubble.

I touch up my car all the time (Dark Plum) because of road chips. First, remove everything from the surface then apply the paint. WAIT 24 hours, then rub the area lightly to make sure it's clean with a product like Zymol's HD-Cleanse and apply the clear coat. Wait another 24 hours and apply your wax. I use product from PaintScratch.com and it seems to work very well. http://www.paintscratch.com/

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Marika,

Thanks for replying and the link. Your points (similar to mine) are well taken. I always try to be optimistic, in lieu of pessimistic but, there are two areas with cars I tend to think the worst possible scenario will prevent it self first.

1. Putting in/on additives to to your cars, products such as ... slick 50, radiator stop leak, stick on items to your car and so forth ...

2. Pleasant experiences with car dealers, specifically the service department when things go wrong. When there is a third party involved, as in this case well the glass isn't only half empty, it's usually been dry for a while.

Oh, and it’s pricy ….

Thanks Again!

Jim White

Archived