CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1969 Sedan DeVille Question(s)

scuzz

All,

I need to replace the gas tank on my 1969 Sedan Deville and I'm having a hard time finding a replacement tank, do you all know of another GM model's tank that may also fit my car? What other car models have other interchangeable part with mine? (i.e. rear end, tranny etc.)

Thank you,

Gary

Try Cadillacs Only, a Cadillac wrecking yard in Northridge, California (818) 772-0707. They have a large inventory of Cadillac parts going back to 1950 and they ship all over the US.

Depending on what's wrong with your tank, you might look into getting it repaired. I had a '68 Cougar years ago that had rust inside the tank. The rust particles were getting in the fuel line and plugging it up. I had it coated inside and that solved the rust problem. A local body shop would probably be a good place to start.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Try Cadillacs Only, a Cadillac wrecking yard in Northridge, California (818) 772-0707. They have a large inventory of Cadillac parts going back to 1950 and they ship all over the US.

Depending on what's wrong with your tank, you might look into getting it repaired. I had a '68 Cougar years ago that had rust inside the tank. The rust particles were getting in the fuel line and plugging it up. I had it coated inside and that solved the rust problem. A local body shop would probably be a good place to start.

Thanks for the reply. I was given the car and it went under water briefly during Katrina, so the whole car got dunked and the tank filled with salt water and now has a 1/16 size hole on the bottom from the water sitting in it for nearly two years.

I haven't opened the engine up yet...

A 1/16 inch size hole ......that is an easy to do mechinical fix,

....there are special chemicals that coat the inside of fuel tanks-arresting corrission- very common repair in restoration work, try a google search of " automotive restoration " ...think positive...remember NO computers back when thank god.

Archived