CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1993 Cadillac Deville

mido2

I recently added freon and now have air conditioning , but the air only comes through the vent below windshield and near the foot area. Nothing coming from forward facing vents. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Check for a vacuum leak. The parking brake release is on the HVAC circuit and is a common leak source.

Thanks for your advice. I'll check for a vacuum leak. Mike :rolleyes:

My '95 STS doesn't get heat from the vents.It was made like that,and my wife and I really don't like that at all.

They probably figured you'll get your face/mouth really dry so,they said :NO :blink:

Florin :rolleyes:

My '95 STS doesn't get heat from the vents.It was made like that,and my wife and I really don't like that at all.

They probably figured you'll get your face/mouth really dry so,they said :NO :blink:

Something is wrong. You should be able to get air from the vents. It was not designed that way.

Something is wrong. You should be able to get air from the vents. It was not designed that way.

A friend mentioned a vacuum problem or possibly a problem at the control box ( not sure of the correct name ) that controls the temp. Or a computer program issue. You might possibly have the same issue.

The "box" you are talking about is the ACM (Air Conditioning Module) aka programmer. They are pretty reliable. Vacuum is the most common cause.

Do you use your parking brake? If it doesn't release when you put it in gear it is definately a vacumn leak. Mine did that and there was a piece of dry rotted vacumn hose near the top of the passenger side wheel well near the firewall.

Are you serious?

All this time I dealt with that.I could swear that I read it in the manual.I will double check.

Thanks Ranger!

Florin

Do you use your parking brake? If it doesn't release when you put it in gear it is definately a vacumn leak. Mine did that and there was a piece of dry rotted vacumn hose near the top of the passenger side wheel well near the firewall.

Thanks to all who responded to me. My emergency brake goes down, but when releasing the handle you have to help it along to bring it back up. I will check under the hood again. ;)

That is a rusty cable problem, not a vacuum problem.

Thanks Larry, the car sat for a year before I purchased it. I guess I should expect some issues.

Archived