CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CD Changer

Astrak

Is it possible to add-on a CD changer to my 98 Seville, I have the Bose system but no CD changer. Would I have to get one from a 98 or would one from 98 to 04 work? Is it just a simple plug n play or do I have to take it to the dealer and have them program the car?

I suggested this to someone in the past, so I'll suggest again. If you have an IPOD, go to Best Buy & get the "ipod2car" it costs about $140.00 it allows you to connect your IPOD to your car, & work the IPOD from the factory head unit - no RF & tuning to a radio station etc. the IPOD functions as a CD changer. CD's are so 90's. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

BTW, does your radio have a source button or a single CD slot? if so, then you are ready for a CD or IPOD2CAR If it doesn't I don't know if you can add anything to your car, as you have a basic radio that doesn't give you many options.

My Eldo didn't come with a cd, but has the source button ( I think yours does every later model Caddy I have seen does) I bought a GM cd changer off ebay and in your trunk you will find the wireing that hooks right to it. I plugged mine in and everything works including the steering wheel volume and tuning buttons. I have a 2000 Eldo

Is it possible to add-on a CD changer to my 98 Seville, I have the Bose system but no CD changer. Would I have to get one from a 98 or would one from 98 to 04 work? Is it just a simple plug n play or do I have to take it to the dealer and have them program the car?
The "entertainment" options change so much from year to year, it must be a nightmare for GM to inventory any spare parts.

If your head unit has a CD slot, it "should" have a changer located in the center console. Maybe the OEM changer failed and a previous owner just removed the pieces in frustration. If that is the case, the parts you need are specific to '98 and '99 Sevilles, so be careful buying used.

Changer = 25663746

Changer cartridge = 16224406

Changer compartment (plastic housing) = 25686590

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

My 99 sts did not come with a changer. You can tell it was never meant to be there, there is proper plastic pieces there that look like they should be there...

The only reason I know thats where it goes is my previous 99 sts had the changer....

I have always wondered myself if I can just get a changer from the same year and is the wiring there already if I take the plastic off. But I just have an ipod with fm modulator instead... Ends up being WAY better, more songs(mp3), better searching etc...

Archived