CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New blower motor

tkjr

I ordered a new blower motor from gm parts direct and it doesn't look much like the original. It only has 3 mounting holes instead of 5, the fan is plastic instead of metal, inertia plate doesn't have screws holding it on, and plug is different but it looks like my male plug will fit it right.

Has anyone bought a new one lately and did it look like this? Hope I didn't order the blower in the center console (unless they are the same). The one I ordered is Part #52494108. Thanks, Tom :blink:

That part number is correct, however, I think both fans are plastic. The new design is more difficult to install because of reduced cam cover clearance.

Sounds like you have the correct blower motor. It is more difficult to install because you can't remove the inertial plate as on the original blower and the fan blade is slightly larger in diameter. You might gain some clearance by removing the front "dogbone" motor mounts and then tipping the engine forward. The new blower motor can be installed without mutilating the housing so don't be tempted....

There should be a foil backed fiberglass heat shield with the new blower motor as well. Make sure your plug wires are at least 1" away from the new blower motor or it may be damaged.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Thanks for the replies, I took the old one out in three pieces. What a pain!! Putting the new one in, in one piece, should be a pleasent experience. Thanks again, Tom.

Archived