CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Need a Rubber Thingy

WarrenJ

You know those height adjuster posts at the two front corners of your hood? They have rubber "caps" on them? I need one of those caps. And what are they called anyway? Don't get smart on me now. :P

Every auto parts store I've visited knows precisely what I'm talking about, but they ain't got 'em. Same for the dealer.

Things are a bit hectic in my household right now and I don't have any more time to devote to such a silly thing; can anyone suggest where to get one of these (preferably online)?

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

It's called a bumper or hood adjust bumper. For my '98 Seville, the part # is 14093705.

Call the body shop manager at a dealer. He probably has one in his desk drawer.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

It's called a bumper or hood adjust bumper. For my '98 Seville, the part # is 14093705.

Call the body shop manager at a dealer. He probably has one in his desk drawer.

Thanks a lot, Jim. Much appreciated!

I'm not even gonna ask how you came up with a part number! :P

Thanks again,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Warren,

Any junk yard should have plenty of the hood adjustment bumpers kicking around. Pepboys carries them as well. I lost my original one and bought a replacement (didn't fit as well as the oem but did the job) only to discover, a week later, that the original one had lodged itself next to the battery.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Since you didn't ask, I will not tell you I have a 10MB PDF parts list for 1998-2004 Seville.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Warren,

Any junk yard should have plenty of the hood adjustment bumpers kicking around. Pepboys carries them as well. I lost my original one and bought a replacement (didn't fit as well as the oem but did the job) only to discover, a week later, that the original one had lodged itself next to the battery.

Thanks Regis,

There have been two deaths in the family recently. If you subscribe to the belief that these things come in threes, I might not reply to the next post. :blink:

I just haven't had the time to visit the boneyard.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Since you didn't ask, I will not tell you I have a 10MB PDF parts list for 1998-2004 Seville.

And, might I imagine, since I didn't ask, you will not post it? ;)

Regards

Warren

Posted Image

Archived