CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

changing spark plugs

98deville

I was changing out the front spark plugs and on one of those there was a little oil inside is thgat bad or nothing to worry about

Oil is leaking (usually very slightly) out of the cam cover into the spark plug well. Unless it's a "gusher," you needn't worry about it.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Yup, Pretty normal and nothing to worry about. Just clean it up before you put the new plugs back in.

Okay Thanks! Finally got them done and car doesn't stumble on idle like it did before...I also decided to change them on my 76 eldog

Okay Thanks! Finally got them done and car doesn't stumble on idle like it did before...

Success is always a good thing to hear. Many happy miles . . .

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived