CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Installing water pump pulley

jcobz28

I'm reinstalling my water pump pulley on the the camshaft. How is this done? I assume you press it on by screwing in a bolt with a bunch of washers on it and force the pulley over the shaft. Thing is, since there is no bolt that came out of there, what are the bolt specs for the bolt I should buy? I don't want to force a bolt that looks right and risk stripping the threads. Can anybody give me the specs? Bolt diameter, thread pitch, etc.

This is for a 96 SLS.

Thanks. ;)

is your engine still out of the car or installed? i got a puller from AZ and returned it so i have to get it again when i reinstall the motor. but that won't be for a month or so.

Oh, It's still out of the car!! :blink:

I'm moving at a turtles pace on this project. I work on it a day, let it sit for a few weeks, another day here and there...

That keeps it enjoyable for me.

The motor is totally back together, and I'm just snaking the wiring harness back on it, then it's time to lift it back into the car.

upload a picture every so often. a pic is worth a thousand words. i want to see your motor on the engine stand. or better yet, post a shot of your empty engine bay.

Archived