CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

SL55 AMG

Rickster

Got off the golf course today and walking through the parking lot and a SL55 AMG pulls in with a young kid (30 or so) with the blonde bimbo. Of course I have to go over and check this out (the car!!) and have a chat with this guy. This is a nice car. Looks nice, sounds nice. I start asking a few basic questions about horespower (493) how it rides.. ect. Then I asked if it was turbo charged (wasn't sure myself) and the kid had no idea. Asked a few other questions reguarding specs and such and he said " I havn't really looked into the specs yet" Being polite I wished them a good round of golf and went on my way. But what I really wanted to say was "Does your Dad know you have his car?" Anyways, this is nice looking car and I would give a left nut to take it for a spin.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

They are nice when they're new, but the reliability on these cars are terrible. On the other hand, if you can afford a $120,000 car, repair costs is something you wouldn't really consider. On the 2003 JD Power intial quality survey Mercedes scored 132 problems per 100 vehicles. Just to put it in perspective, Lexus had 76, Cadillac 103, Infiniti 110, Acura 111, Hyundai had 143. It's embarssing when you're are closer in quality to Hyundai than you are to your competitors.

http://www.jdpower.com/cc/auto/releases/search.asp?CatID=1

Archived