CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

97 Seville STS

I can't seem to find the topic that I orginally started for this, but here are the pictures. My 02 and this 97 drive completely different. The 97 has a little more of a softer ride than my 02, but I know my 02 doesn't have the magnetic ride control yet so it's not that. The 02 handles better around corners and such, but then it also has half the miles. I get better mileage with the 97. The interior on the 02 is more comfortable, but not by much. The bass in the 97 is insane! I about blew my eardrums out with the bass while in the 02 it's very quiet. The 02 has a crisper/clearer sound. The 02 just feels smoother all around, but like I said, it has half the miles. The 97's suspension is kind of sloppy while the 02's is right there. The 97 rides more like a cadillac and the 02 rides more like a luxury sports car.

The only thing wrong with the car right now is that when you get below half a tank, the gauge starts to go up instead of down. It's a little strange, but nothing to worry about.

I put that heritage of ownership on the grille, it didn't come with that. I just happened to have a "V" laying around here and this is my fifth cadillac so it worked out nicely.

z89668235.jpg

z89668218.jpg

z89668212.jpg

z89668203.jpg

z89668194.jpg

z89668190.jpg

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

z89668188.jpg

z89668143.jpg

z89668137.jpg

z89668132.jpg

z89668126.jpg

z89668124.jpg

z89668123.jpg

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

Thanks for responding with the pics.

We see fewer people buying the 92-97 generation ... they seem to be a whole lot of car

for very little money, providing you purchase the right car.

Which seats do you find more comfortable? Some days, I find my 01 a little bit too firm.

Do you have any maintenance plans? Coolant, plugs, wires, belts, hoses?

Hard to tell, but it looks like you have custom center caps on your rims?

Nice buy!

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

They all have condensation in the rear lights.

A couple of carefully drilled holes under the lights helps out big time.

Some have even removed the lenses, baked them, and re-sealed them.

I did the drill bit ... but was heavy handed, and ended up pushing the plastic shavings

into the lens. <_<

I suspect the top is the result of beige fabric suffering 10 years of weather.

A good fabric cleaner, Oxyclean, or some diluted bleach might be in order.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Nope it wasn't in any flood. I had just washed the car so the fabric was still wet. It looks uniform when it's dry. I forgot to mention that. I have to drill a hole in that lens, that bothers me a bit. I find the seats in the 02 to have TOO much lumbar. I can't seem to get it down enough. I know it works because I can increase the lumbar and move it up or down, but when it's down all the way it hurts my back. Sometimes it's fine though, just depends on the way I sit, I guess.

As for maintence, this weekend I plan on flushing the coolant and changing the tranny fluid. The tranny shifts wonderfully, but I don't know when the last tranny change was or if there ever was one. I'm going to do the spark plugs and wires in June sometime and I haven't checked the belts or hoses yet. I got stranded with my 95 once because of the waterpump belt, so I may replace that if it looks less than acceptable.

The center hubcaps are original. Since it was the gold series, they put gold STS emblems on the middle of the caps. One of the emblems is a little broke and you can see the STS molded in the chrome like the rest of them are. I'm not sure if I like the emblems in the hubcaps or not. I may just take them off. I have lots of plans for this one! I may put some flowmasters on it (quiet ones) just to give it a little rumble. This will be my run around car while the 02 will be strictly highway, unless my girlfriend wants to take it to work.

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

I found something out the other day. If I accelerate both cars the same speed (ie 4 mph/second) the 02 seems to have to work harder (requires higher RPM's) while the 97 does not. If I accelerate both cars the same, the 97 will stay around 1900-2000 RPM while the 02 for the same acceleration runs around 2500 RPM. Did they change something in-between these body styles or do I have something wrong with my 02? I also get considerably better mileage with the 97. Any ideas?

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

Archived