CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

SEVILLE BOSE RADIO REPAIR

My CD player initializes the cd, but then says CD error and spits it back out. It will not read or play any cd's.

I have looked for places to repair this radio, but they all came up empty. I bought a radio off Ebay and went to cadillac to "unlock" the new radio and they were unable to do it. So not I have my factory radio which has no cd player and another Bose radio which cadillac cant get to unlock. ANY IDEAS??

I bought a radio off Ebay and went to cadillac to "unlock" the new radio and they were unable to do it.

If you have the correct HU and the dealer was unable to unlock it, I'd guess you'd want to try another dealer.

If the correct radio cannot be unlocked it may be defective.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

My CD player initializes the cd, but then says CD error and spits it back out. It will not read or play any cd's.

Does this include original store bought CD's? I had the same problem, but it turned out to be only with copies that were in the wrong format.

Can I send out my original unit to be fixed or do I need to purchase a new unit?

A few years back I did business with United Radio Service of Syracuse, NY.

I was very pleased with their service and professionalism.

http://www.unitedradio.com .

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Try using a cleaner.. I did find out the hard way with the radios with the theft even basic non bose wouldnt work in my deville.. However the bose system in the seville is very picky...

Michael

"Cleaning Disks" are probably a good idea, however you musn't overuse them. Discard

them after a few uses. Please.

Their fabric-like cleaning element is often attached to the substrate disk with "hooks" that

can become exposed if the cleaning element becomes worn or detached from the disk.

Should that happen, these exposed "hooks" will literally rip the lens off the laser reader.

The best solution is to clean the lens (assuming you can access it) with a Q-Tip dampened

with Windex or something similar. Afterwards, use another Q-Tip moistened with water

to complete the "rinse" job.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Archived