CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Who Here Uses AC Delco Parts?

hmmmmm....need new intake gasket....should i go with the felpro for 50 or the oem (ac delco i assume) for 100, is it wirth the extra 50, im wicked strapped for cash

I've had nothing but good experiences with Fel-Pro, particularly intake manifold and head gaskets.

hmmmmm....need new intake gasket....should i go with the felpro for 50 or the oem (ac delco i assume) for 100, is it wirth the extra 50, im wicked strapped for cash

I've had nothing but good experiences with Fel-Pro, particularly intake manifold and head gaskets.

If I was tight on money, I probably buy Felpro. If I had the extra $50 I'd feel alot better getting GM gaskets.

I try to use AC Delco on both the STS and or Nissan Pathfinder.

Question, though, AC Delco is not neccessarily OEM. AC Delco parts are not always the same as dealer "GM" parts. For instance, the brake kit from AC Delco is a bit differrent than the brake kit from GM. Also, some parts are only available from the dealer and are not even listed as avaialble or made by Ac Delco. Can someone clarify the differences between dealer OEM and AC Delco parts?

Tom R.

1998 Cadillac STS with 102K Miles

Everything Ac-Delco/GM here, even oil filters. I like knowing that if I replace something in it, i'm putting it back to "Factory" condition.. its that caddy spell.

..Wait i'm lying, struts/shocks are boston/arnott, could you blame on that one though?? :unsure:

Archived