CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Largest Caddy I have ever owned

kdaddy

Thats pronounced "bro-ham" But seriously, has anyone owned the 75-76 Fleetwood? At 233 inches long and 5200 pounds this vehicle was clearly king of the road. The only issue I had with it was the drastically power restricted 500 cu in V8. So many cubic inches, so little power. In fact it only had 190 hp but at least it still had a ton of torque. In other words you couldn't win any races but you sure could pull stumps with it.

Kdaddy

Congratulations on your 1975 Fleetwood Brougham.

For a good time, watch this video of a Coupe Deville with a modified 500 cid engine:

A Caddyinfo video clip

You will agree that this motor has potential.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Heh heh heh... my Dad had a 76 Fleetwood Brougham... And it's not bro-ham, it's "Broahhm", one smooth word....

That was truly a yacht....

The 500 from the factory was surprisingly anemic.... but it indeed has wonderful potential. I don't think my dad was even getting 10 MPG.... brutal gas sucker...

The back seat in that thing was awe inspiring... practically a limo. The leather smell in that car, when it was new, was unreal... 50 cows must have gave their lives to upholster that thing....

(sigh)... brings back memories.

Congrats on the car. Enjoy.

Archived