CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Temporary spare

Va Maddog

Seems like I'm asking a lot of questions lately - sorry. I do a search first to look for similar posts but have not been finding much on my topics - anyway...

First time I looked at the temp spare(picked up the car last week), wanted to check pressure (and it was low), but I'm wondering if it is the correct one. Size is T125/15 I was thinking that it should be a 16" temp spare. It is brand new, never been used but...jack was loose not mounted and there is no lug wrench.

So...I need a lug wrench and the bolt/wing nut to mount the jack plus do I need a different spare?

I don't ever plan to use it, but you never know when you might be forced to.

95 SLS 225/60R16's for regular tires.

My '98 has 235/60 R16s on the ground and a T125/70 R16 original equipment spare. There is about a 2 inch difference in outside diameter.

If the bolt pattern is correct, you are probably OK with a 15" spare for the short distances those things are intended to travel.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

My '97 also has a 125/70/16 spare, with 225/60/16 tires as stock size. If you are concerned about the size of the spare, visit a few salvage yards and look in any late model FWD General Motors vehicle for a 125/70/16 spare. That's a pretty common spare tire size, and most, if not all, late model FWD GM cars share our bolt pattern of 5x115mm.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived