CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Battery No Charge

Bentham

Ok.. here we go again.. way back 3 months ago I put in the new alternator(s) and finally was successful when I went with the AC Delco. Anyway - about 3 weeks ago I received the 'BATTERY NO CHARGE' very briefly, maybe about 5 mins. Now, today again I get the message. It's sticking this time.. EXCEPT when I WOT then it allows me to read the IPC voltage. It's been as low as 11.3 I think I saw.

But it's no coincidence that when I smash the gas it lets me read the volts and the message goes away momentarily. Is there a connection here?

Thanks

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

sounds like your problem was not the alternatore. maybe bad wiring. the battery gets discharged. probably at high speeds it gets enough charge/current and the message disappears, but later it comes back since the battery is discharged again.

how old is the battery?

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

well - the message appeared a loong time ago on the IPC and so I guess I assumed it was either the battery or the alternator. I replaced the alternator first, [and the battery was under warranty, so why not :) ] and I was still getting the same message. I figured it was a bad alternator, so I went back to autozone and exhanged it for another one. Still no luck. I then read on here that the aftermarket alternators sometimes 'don't work' right with some of the caddies.. so I called the cadillac dealer and without me even mentioning, he said 'yea, some cadillacs don't take well to those aftermarket alternators.' So I picked up a AC DELCO alternator [for double the price] and PROBLEM SOLVED.

Now.., right before I put my car in storage, I received the message 'battery no charge' I figured, since I'm putting it up for a couple months, I'll worry about it then. the months pass, I start her up, and NO PROBLEM. Now, here it is again -battery no charge'

What's a guy to do?

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

still sounds like a bad insulation to me... everytime I look under the hood at all those wires and connectors I think what will happen if this contact gets loose or that.. you will never find out...sorry not much help

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived