CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

'03 CTS ignition feedback?/ Eibach Spring Kit

rjmenagh

I have a couple of questions for readers of this forum. I have an '03 CTS with very low mileage. I have recently noticed that when I turn the ignition to start the car, I get some feedback through the stereo speakers in the rear of the car. Has anyone had a similar experience? Any advice on how to eliminate this annoyance?

Also, I am considering installing the Eibach Pro Kit springs on the car. The result will be that this will lower the car about 1". Has anyone aleady done this and if so, can you advise as to any complications that have been experienced with respect to alignment?

Thanks.

Which shocks do you have on the CTS now? If you have the load levelling shocks in the back, you will need to modify the shocks in order to use with lowering springs.

Have you considered going with the CTS-V suspension instead? That seems more tempting to me, since all the dynamics have already been worked out by the GM engineering staff. One often can find CTS-V stock shocks and springs and anti-roll bars available on ebay as take-offs from CTS-V's that upgraded to the FG shocks, or aftermarket.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived