CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

GM FastLane:L.A. Story

IPB Image

Rick Wagoner, Buick General Manager Steve Shannon, and Tiger Woods with the Enclave

By Bob Lutz

GM Vice Chairman

The Los Angeles Auto Show is under way in southern California, and General Motors has a high profile at this year’s event, now moved to November from early January, which I think was a good move on the part of the organizers.

It began last night with the introduction of the Buick Enclave by Rick Wagoner, with an assist from Tiger Woods. The Enclave, which we first showed as a concept at the 2006 Detroit show, is now ready for production. I think it’s a great example of what we’ve been discussing all year right here — the renewed emphasis on quality and craftsmanship and attention to detail at GM Design. But I’ll let you investigate it for yourself and tell me if you agree.

Today, Rick made a very important speech at the Motor Press Guild’s annual show kickoff breakfast. Rick outlined our plans to lead the industry into a new era of technology, with a broad array of advanced solutions to the challenges facing automotive transportation today.

We’ll also be unveiling the new Saturn Vue that I wrote about last week, as well as a hybrid version of the Saturn Aura, the Aura Green Line. In addition, we’ll be showing the upcoming GMC Yukon Hybrid, an application of the two-mode hybrid system developed with BMW and DaimlerChrysler that we’ll be shipping next year.

Please click on the following links to take a look at these new cars and trucks, read the text of Rick’s speech, and watch video from our Los Angeles events, and be sure to tell us what you think.

Video: Rick Wagoner's keynote address

Video: GM news conference

Speech: Rick Wagoner addresses the Motor Press Guild

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/archives/2006/11/la_story.html

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived